Mastitis can be caused by any external and internal factor, which leads to a violation of the integrity of the mammary gland. These factors can be of physical, chemical and biological nature. Many microbes can be the causative agents of breast inflammation. Up to 95% of all mastitis are caused by Str.agalactiae dysgalactiae, uberis and St.aureus.
The environment influences the onset of mastitis through a variety of factors.
– milking equipment as the main traumatic factor and carrier of pathogens.
– excessive weight of milking equipment, high vacuum pressure and its wobbling, uneven pulsation,
– excessive cold draft combined with moisture
– hygiene and milking technique are critical in the onset of mastitis
– wrong techniques, painful stimulation, organization of the dry period
– inadequate nutrition, overfeeding with concentrates, imbalance, etc.
Symptoms of mastitis:
– changes in milk (color, consistency);
– changes in the udder (swelling, skin color change;
– a sharp decrease in milk yield;
– a decrease in food intake, an increase in body temperature to 39.5 ℃ and more, a cow does not want to get up and even lie down …
Classification of mastitis:
– violation of secretion;
– latent infection;
– subclinical mastitis;
– clinical mastitis (always requires veterinary intervention).
– quick identification of the problem within 24 hours after its appearance;
– restoration of the cause and its elimination as quickly as possible;
– the most accurate assessment of the possible pathogen and its sensitivity to antimicrobial agents;
– Thorough and quick removal of the infected secretion several times a day;
– use of antibiotics.
We remind you that in addition to the supply of cattle, we offer consulting support. Certified veterinarians will provide health control and livestock care for the agreed period.
Cooperation by phone: +380672920631 (Viber, Telegram, WhatsApp).